Monday, May 20, 2013

faux linen

hello everyone
so i was going through feedly looking at all the challenges and one jumped out to me... 
Hiding in my craft room - faux linen... i thought hey i can do that... lol
so here is my card below are other inspiration challenge site links - 
so I am not liking the large mustard colour flower but i am really thinking this is a technique that i can play around with :)   thanks i really appreciate it
here are some close ups....  
i used old paper and an old velum saying that i had in my scrap bin

challegnes that inspired me
hiding in my craft room - technique faux linen
incy wincy designs - metal (brads)
songbird - bloom and grow
threescrappy gals - april showers bring may flowers
kaboodle doodles - circles
abc challenges - stamp background
paper playtime - buttons or brads
the cheerful stamp pad - its natural 
cards in envy - background 

15 comments:

  1. Hello! This is kind of off topic but I need some advice from an
    established blog. Is it hard to set up your own blog?

    I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty fast. I'm thinking about setting up my own but I'm not sure where to start. Do you have any ideas or suggestions? Thank you
    seo optimization

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining the The Cheerful Stamp Pad challenge. Your card is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your background! It does look like a fun technique that warrants more play time! Thanks for sharing this with us at Cards in Envy! I love it!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely card, Kimberly - LOVE your textured background. Thank you for the link, too, so I could learn how to make one. I do like all your color choices - they almost feel like Autumn! Wonderful card. I have trouble with vellum, and admire that yours looks so pretty! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgous background thanks for playing at Cards in Envy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - this is a whole new kind of 'make your own'!! Lovely card, thanks for sharing with CIE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty background. Love all the different colors! Thank you for joining us at Cards in Envy! ~ Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I love the colors you used! Very pretty!

    Thanks for joining us this week at HIMCR!

    Hiding in My Craft Room
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I have that saying in my scrap bin too! Thanks for playing along with us at Hiding in My Craft Room!

    lovies =o) kel
    HIMCR DT
    http://scrap-photograffs.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really pretty. Thanks for playing at HIMCR.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really, really pretty! I love the colors you've used on this beautiful card. Thanks so much for joining us this week at ABC Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card love the faux linen and the brads too! Thanks for Playing along with us this time at Incy Wincy Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty. I like how the DP shows through the sentiment piece. Very nice technique!

    Thank you for participating in the ABC Challenges challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely card. Thanks for sharing at The Cheerful Stamp Pad.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how the flowers peek from behind the vellum, thank you for joining us at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! If you leave your information I will become a follower of yours.
Sending hearts to you all!<3 Kimberly