Tuesday, August 20, 2013

ADFAS - August

Hey everyone... Hope you having an amazing week so far!  
this month A die for a sketch challenge has a new challenge up for you to check out!!

here is the sketch..

Our 2 generous Sponsors for this month


The Sushi Dolls prize is 3 Digi's


The prize for Jelly Park is 5 digi's

and here is my inspiration for you all...
I have never used Sushi Doll and thought that this image was so cute..
perfect for a guy card
here are some close ups... 

I used my spellbinder nestabilities tag four and washi tape.  
I haven't been too impressed with washi and I know it is the big fad at the moment but i find that it comes undone really easy???  Am i the only one??  but i still keep trying and these three went so well with the card.

and of course the other challenges that inspired me:
ABC - lots of layers (i hope the washi counts)
simon says - monochromatic
patties creations - embossing (sentiment)
paper makeup - vintage
sarah hurley - texture and dimension
creatalicious challenges - one for the boys


14 comments:

  1. Kimberly I love your masculine card and yes Walter is cute :-) I always forget to use my Washi tapes but when I do use them I burnish them really good on my project. Great card :-)
    Hugs, Steff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walter is adorable on your card and the washi tape looks fabulous!! I don't use it much but Tim Holtz sticks better than the other ones I have tried. I think is looks so good so what if it peels. Love your card,
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great guy card Kim and I like how you've not added a lot of colour and let the image speak for itself. This has kind of a steampunk vintage look and I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super fun card! Love that sweet image!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute and creative!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘OH SCRAP’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, fabulous design and cute image. Thanks for joining us at the PCJ challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet card and great use of washi tape. Thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic design. Thanks for joining us at Sarah Hurley's Challenge. Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some very cool stuff going on here - love your design, washi tape, and the feel of this card. Thanks for joining us in the Pattie's Creations Challenge. Hugz! Nancy - DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super job with your guy card, love how you did the image too! Thanks for playing along with us at ABC Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you did a spectacular job with the washi tape....it scares me! HAHA Thanks so much for playing along with our 'Oh Scrap!' Challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafters :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this, thanks for joining us over at Sarah Hurley this month.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful card. Love how you have coloured the adorable image. Great entry for our challenge over at Creatalicious. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "for the boys” challenge & good luck in the draw…
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge.

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Creatalicious Challenges)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! If you leave your information I will become a follower of yours.
Sending hearts to you all!<3 Kimberly