Sunday, September 9, 2012

LMCB- it's in the movies

Good afternoon everyone
Lasting memories has a new challenge this week - lights... camera...action!!!  
IN THE MOVIES!!!

So you more than likely don't know this but i grew up as a trekkie - When I was younger I would sit with my dad every week and watch star trek with him.   I still go to all the movies when they come out (usually with my dad) and continue to watch re-runs on TV.   I think I fell in love with Leonard Nimoy... I loved Spock!   

So when I made a trip out to visit my best friend in Alberta I had to stop by the town of Vulcan... seriously the cutest little down ever.    Rumor has it that during a baseball game the town was teased by a neighboring town about their ears and called them all Spock and that they were from Vulcan!!
So what did they do... Changed their name!!! LOL  if you don't believe me look it up - any way here is my inspiration for the week 
the top pic on the left is of his real ears... I was so excited that i didn't notice the glare  :(
here is what it said below it
 ok.. back to the LO... I used my cricut for all the little embellishments
Graphically Speaking
Sophisticated
Wall decor 
and Creative memories - this and that for the cute space ship  
the paper is Scenic Route - Liberty collection - sorry the store is no longer available :(
 I misted and masked the stars with CTMH ink Twlight
 oh.. and foil Thickers


 YES that is a bronze mold of Leonard Nimoy's hand
  

 yep... lol.. that i me posing with cardboard John Luc Picard and Riker
i am even wearing Vulcan ears... teehee

Any hoo... I hope you find some inspiration to create with us at Lasting memories.
I also found inspiration from the following challenges:

catch the bug - bugaboo goes to the movies 
(bet you didn't think a LO would show up on the challenge!)
Scrap fit -misting with stickers and negatives (the background stars)
the corrosive challenge -myth and magic 
(i must say back then it was futuristic but now... maybe more like reality??)
cardz tv - colours
(it isn't a card.. but does fit the challenge please let me know if you won't accept it - i understand)
crafts 4 eternity - vintage toy colours
Sending hearts... 



14 comments:

  1. What a fabulous LO! I love the space ship. Thanks for joining us at c4e.keeley

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh Kimberly!! This is AMAZING!! Look at all the cool pics you got, that's so cool!! Way to rock the challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Beam Me Up Scotty!!!! Kimberly....OMGosh girl! This is such a fun layout!!! I absolutely love everything about.....and love the story!! I had to go back and reread because I THOUGHT you had come home with nimoys ear...and well, thats a little creepy...but still cool....LOL, You rocked the pants off of this challenge......Phasers set on stun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story!! I love Star Trek too and used to watch the older tv shows all of the time!! :) Love how you documented your photos on the double page layout! Awesome job with the misted stars and perfect for the theme of your page!! Love the fun bronze title letters and the cute rocket embellie!! Thanks for working out with us @ ScrapFIT!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, great LO's Kimberly!!
    And loved reading your post too!

    Thanks, Toni..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, so I don't really get the whole Trekky thing - but your layout and pics are great! Thanks for joining in at ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well this is sure fun!! Lovin' the rocket ship and the star banner. You did so awesome this week!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layout, how fun! Thanks for joining us at the Corrosive Challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All the different stars and the title are so perfect. Great job making a trekky layout.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! I watched Star Trek all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your L/O, love the colours,love spock too and the whole trekkie thing, fantastic.
    Thank you for joining us over at Bugaboo this time.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great layout! All those stars are fantastic! Love the story too ;)
    Thanks for working out with us at ~ScrapFIT~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous layout! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome Layout!!!! Thanks so much for playin' along with us this week for the Catch The Bug Movie Theme Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps! We hope you join us again today for a fantastic new challenge.
    Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min
    Kaymin Kreations

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! If you leave your information I will become a follower of yours.
Sending hearts to you all!<3 Kimberly