Sunday, July 8, 2012

LMCB -Dancing with the paws

Good morning everyone!!!  
Finally I believe the heat wave is over... it is beautiful out there at the moment but I hope it lasts longer than a day!!

Lasting memories has a new challenge for you this week “Dancing With The Paws” show off the pets in your life! Don’t have any? Use a friends or even zoo pics!  Here is the page that I made....

The photos were taken in Colburg Ontario at the Big Apple - which is the world largest apple.
My daughter loves animals and this was the only reason she would get out of the car.  
It was so cute when I told her the Llama would bite her... so she kept saying to it "don't bite me" as she was feeding him grass.

I used the sketch from Page Maps  I just love Becky's sketches
I used an old Fiskars embossing template  too give the apple some texture
below you can see that I used pop dots to pop out the picture and the journal box
with some cute buttons from my minds eye
a close up of the picture I cut up of the sign to make the embellishments 
other embellishments and paper used - Fancy Pants off to school collection (my 2011 kit from Scraptastic kit club)
I would love to add my page into the following challenges:

Seriously creative - un inked, un cut, un opened
(the buttons and the embossing tool have never been opened, the pattern material from Studio calico was never cut, and I inked the papers)
delightful challenges - primary colours


hope you all have a great day


Sending hearts... 



17 comments:

  1. Llamas can bite? So funny and such a fab LO

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a llama farm near our house. You'll have to come visit us:) I love the CAS;) The big Apple is perfect for it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this page Kimberly!! I don't think I have ever seen a real life llama :) There is a little petting zoo at the museum of Appalachia (spelling???) and they had what I called demon goats....LOL. They had a really long coat and curly horms....scary looking....and I had to get out and try to get it to come to me....mean little booger it was....lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your LO is so FUN and interesting! Love your apple die cut!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you framed the photo on the recipe card type frame.. .and LOVE that apple! Funny Story with the Llama!! fun page Kimberly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great layout using the Page Maps sketch Kim. Love the story of your daughter telling the llama not to bite her. Too funny! I think the title is awesome. Love the little letters and the bigger ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm, I've never heard of this but will have to chk it out!!! Great having a fellow Canadian on the DT!! Great pic and love the apple!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layout! Thanks for joining in our challenge at Scrapping Everyday Miracles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute layout, I love how you embossed the apple and added the signs in there!!! My in-laws have a whole bunch of llamas (I lost count) and the kids love going there to see them. They're pretty cute animals with their big long lashes and huge teeth! Thanks for joining us at Seriously Creative Challenges, hugs, Roxy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool. I used that sketch also. Great minds think alike? Love your layout. Tks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous layout!!!
    Thanks for entering our Anything Goes challenge at Bugaboo's Catch the Bug blog. Good luck, and please remember to pop back for our Blog hop and week-long Christmas in July celebration starting a little later today.
    luv'n huggz
    Jen Leeflang
    Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for joining us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles this month.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the texture on your big apple and the fun story behind your page :) Thanks so much for playing along with our Seriously Creative Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute layout! I love that big apple and the texture on it is so fun! Glad you could join us at SCC!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun take on a fun sketch...so glad you could join us this month at Scrapping Everyday Miracles!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Too funny about your daughter and the Llama :) Great page! Nice work with the cricut - art philosophy is on of my favorite cartridges! Thank you for joining us this month at SEM.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute layout and I love the big apple and how you embossed it... very creative! Thanks for being pat of our challenge over at SEM...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! If you leave your information I will become a follower of yours.
Sending hearts to you all!<3 Kimberly