Sunday, April 22, 2012

Stencil those layouts - LMCB

Welcome to another fun challenge at Lasting Memories... This week we are challenging you to use a stencil.    If you join us in this challenge you will have an opportunity to win $10 gift certificate from Michaels or Joannas donated from one of our very own design team members Michelle.

Now there are many ways to make a stencil or you can use one that you have in your stash like I did... I have a set of these that I think I bought about eight years ago.  I don't use them much actually I don't think I have ever used them... I thought that the stencil moved around but I was happy to get them out and play around again and surprisingly they didn't move around when I was working on the stars.  
here is the final product.... 
I used the sketch from the Crop Stop - April Sketch challenge
I loooovvvee Page map sketches.... now it is always a starting point for me and if you follow me closely you will know my pages and cards never end up looking like the sketch!!!  
here is a close up of the flower... I used my cricut accent essentials which was my first cartridge!!  The American craft Dear Lizzy paper (super cute) I just received the other day from Scraptastic kit club!
Click to view full size image
removed all the dots and then put them in backwards 
added some embellishments
the title... I will be putting in my journal later
Oh... and of course... some bling!!!!  Tim Holtz vintage photo 
here is a picture of the stencil I used... It was really handy!  I think I might just be using them again ;)

I would love to see you all join Lasting Memories challenge this week!  
I have a couple of challenges that I would like to enter my page into:
Crop Stop - sketch
crafts 4 eternity - something new (paper)
cardz tv - colour challenge


thanks for stopping by and sending hearts out to you all...
Kimberly 



19 comments:

  1. Beautiful LO! Love your take on the CropStop Becky Fleck Sketch Challenge. Thanks for joining our Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stars turned out great, glad you pulled your stencil back out

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous!! The picture is absolutely adorable!! I have a drawer full of stencils I haven't used in years...you have inspired me :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I have never used stencils, but this project may have tempted me to start. Thanks for joining us this week at CTVS for the color me a rainbow challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Crafts4Eternity this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the stenciling that you did and the doodling looks amazing. I can tell that your page was inspired by the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Love the adorable picture and the circle you used from Accent Essentials is great. The paper color is awesome with the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic layour!! Love all the embellies and the adorable picture!! Thank you so very much for joining our 'Color Me a Rainbow' challenge at Cardz TV Stamps!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable! Thank you so much for joining us at the "Color Me a Rainbow" challenge at CardzTV!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty layout, lovely embellisments. Thanks for joining us at Cuite Pie Challenge, good luck, cheers Hazel (H) & Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable. She is so cute, what a wonderful LO. Thank you so much for joining us over at Cardz TV Stamps “Color Me A Rainbow” Challenge. Hope to see you again.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful layout for a beautiful little girl!

    Thanks for joining us at Cardz TV:)
    Elaine
    CTV DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice job on your layout! Thanks for joining CTVS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable job! Thank you for joining in the fun at www.CropStop.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet photo and great layout! Thanks for playing with us at CropStop!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute Kimberly!! I love pagemap sketches too. Need to do them more often!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great LO! Stenciling is great also and I love how you did the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty layout using our theme of 'Spots & Dots' this month, thanks for joining us over at Little Claire's, Heidi x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! If you leave your information I will become a follower of yours.
Sending hearts to you all!<3 Kimberly