Sunday, June 3, 2012

LMCB - How do you fold


Hello everyone
I am a little late getting this post up (Sorry about that).

I spent the week in Toronto doing a training and when I returned sleep was calling my name.
So.... with that being said I really enjoyed this weeks challenge at Lasting memories.
It was really a challenge for me to include folding on my LO - Plus another first for me with this fold. 
It is called pleating... I also tried to do a quick tutorial for you. Please excuse the photos - it is hard to take photos and craft at the same time... I welcome any suggestions.  

Here is my Layout...
The pictures are from a cheer-leading competition at Canada's Wonderland. 

to make the pleats I used my Scor-pal scored every 1/2 in.


 Pinch the scores together  
 They will look like this...
 I used my ATG gun on a scrap piece of paper
 It helps to hold it in place
 The final product ... Well the pleating anyway
Here is a close up of the pleating on the Layout.
   and of course the cheerleader with a Peachy Keen face made from Cricut 
"Paper dolls every day" Cartridge. 
 and that is how it came together...  The beautiful papers and some embellishments that I used were from Authentique Celebration line. 
 Come join us at Lasting Memories for the challenge a Surprise will be the prize from Karen.  

I would like to also enter my Layout into the following challenges:

Dilly Beans - stripes
Kraftin Kimmie - anything but a card 
Dynamic Duos - colour challenge 
Dancing in Pajamas - paper pleating 
Authentic paper - June sketch


Sending hearts... 



15 comments:

  1. Very cute! Thanks for joining our Stripes challenge at Dilly Beans. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And what a wonderful tutorial you did!! :-) I have never seen that type of fold.. .and I LOVE it!! You even folded the cheerleading skirt. So clever! Such a cute layout Kimberly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way your LO looks. Gorgeous pleating! Thanks for the fab tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout and your pleating looks terrific!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job with the photos and directions. I like how the pleat is also on your circut cut cheerleader. Really screams cheer skirt/skort to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh how stinkin cute is that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim I love love love this. What an awesome fold and it so looks like pleated ribbon. Thanks for the idea and tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful project! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week! Hope to see you back next week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your layout is great, and your tutorial is fabulous. Love how the pleating turned out and the cricut cheerleader is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute layout and I love how you created the pleated skirt! :) Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your pleating! How cute! I never thought of that!

    Michelle LMDT
    Scrappin' for Kenzie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great layout. Love the pleating.

    Thanks for joining in at Totally Papercrafts this week.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for the pleating tutorial. I have always wondered how it waas tone, it's very beautiful:) Great Layout:)
    Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

    Elizabeth LMDT
    http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the tutorial...thank you for that. This layout is sooo stinkin cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great tutorial Kimberly! What a great LO too and love the paper folding technique!! I've never tried paper pleating .. looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! If you leave your information I will become a follower of yours.
Sending hearts to you all!<3 Kimberly