Sunday, November 11, 2012

LMCB - Remembrance Day

Good morning everyone...  
Lasting memories has another great challenge for you all this week- the challenge is in honour of Remembrance Day - "To remember someone special"    My special person is my Aunt Marjie who just last month passed away of lung cancer.  Her daughter turned nineteen the day after her death.  My aunt was always very special to me even though she wasn't a blood aunt - she was one of my mom's closest friends and she took me in after my mom passed away.  I was eighteen when that happened thus making it hit even closer to home with her daughter   

Anyhow.... I don't  want to depress anyone... this is a happy memory of her.  One of our traditions is to get together every Christmas eve to celebrate.  These pictures were taken last year.  She was one very special lady to me and she will always be remembered.
 For this LO I was playing around with papers and ink.  You will see some iridescent flowers that I embossed with the CTMH Card Word Puzzle flower. Then used some red ink to rub over it... not quiet sure how I feel about it... I am thinking now that I should have done some more stamps and embossing on it then it would be better -  
 Added some ribbon and gold pen to the flower stamps to make embellishments 
I used CTMH pemberley paper packet and cut out some of the hexagons 
Well I hope that you are taking some time to do some crafting this week.  Ohhh and my blog candy... totally forgot  - Soooo the winner of my blog candy is Karen!!!!  I was so happy to see that I had my blog badge on your blog - I am sure Sonia the designer is quiet happy as well - I think I have your addy already but I will let you know if you need to send it to me again 

Hope to see you all join us for this challenge
I was also inspired to create this LO because of the following challenges:
card crafts- we remember
delicious doodles- remembering 
critter sketch- remembrance
practical scrappers- two or more stamps

23 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your loss Kim. This is a beautiful way to remember her:)

    Annette
    My Mind's Dust Bunnies

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful creation - thanks for sharing this with us at ATS&M - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely memory page Kim and thanks for playing along at ATS&M. Unfortunately our rules only allow a maximum of 5 challenges but we'd love to see you back next week!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful way to remember some who was so obviously special to you, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your layout is beautiful and what a great way to remember her. Thanks for sharing with us at PCJ and good luck in the challenge. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful way to preserve a special memory.Love the randomly stamped flowers and the pretty hexagons just creeping onto the page.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely LO, love those hexagons. Thank you for joining in this week's Crafty Sentiments Challenge.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card
    Thank you for joining us this week over at Crafty Sentiments
    Love Jan
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kimberly, what a wonderful tribute to your Aunt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just GORGEOUS! What a special remembrance page!

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a great page. Thanks for joining us at CraftyCatz. Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kim! A beautiful remembrance of someone so special! Thanks for sharing with us in our Remembrance challenge at the Card Crafter's Circle!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This layout is a beauty. I like the little details you used.
    Thanks for joining us at Fairytale.
    LG Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Kimberly,
    Thanks for playing in our Challenge this week at Card Crafters Circle. Love your flowers and your scrapbook page colour combination!
    Hugs Trish xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this pretty layout about your special "aunt"...what a beautiful way to remember her! Thanks so much for joining in our challenge this month at Scrapping Everyday Miracles!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a funny layout! What a wonderfull project! Thank you for joining us at Fairytale Challenge! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those iridescent flowers are so pretty. Thanks for linking up with us as Scrapping Everyday Miracles.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am sorry to hear about your Aunt, but so glad you have photos to scrapbook and memories to share. Thanks for sharing @ SEM xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Totally fabulous!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Fairytale Challenge!
    Nela xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful layout and story. Thanks for joining us at SEM!

    ReplyDelete
  21. wonderful page! love the details! thanks for joining us at SEM!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful layout... love the red and kraft together!

    ReplyDelete
  23. this is so special! I am so sorry for you loss but i am very glad that you made a decision to remember the happy moments about your aunt! beautiful LO!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! If you leave your information I will become a follower of yours.
Sending hearts to you all!<3 Kimberly