Monday, August 20, 2012

August Uglies

So... I joined the "UGLIES" at scrapbook.com again this month... I took a break from it for a while because my daughter asked me why I was wasting my time trying to work around paper I didn't like when I have so many nice papers???  Good question... but I think it is the challenge, makes me think outside the box for my layouts. 

These are the "uglies" I received from Debbie
As soon as I had them out of the tube I knew exactly what I wanted to do and I have been wanting to make a page like this for ever!!

Loving you ... every season - pics of my baby girl when she was younger.  (left over pics from other scrap booking pages) 
I used CTMH inks to drop and brush across the white page and then a large purple square with the smaller pattern papers for the blocking 

the american craft thickers didn't photograph too well... they are shinier in RL.  
made my own embellishments from the pattern paper I was using 
used my white gel pen for stitching 
here is a couple of shots of the purple ink i dropped and smeared on the white card stock 



and again my final layout... which I must say turned out pretty great!!!  
Maybe I will try again next month???

I was also inspired by the following challenges:

my time to craft - Christmas (top right)
the crop stop - atg 
milk coffee challenge - halloween (bottom left)
little scrap pieces - stitch it 
crafty boots challenge - bird (top left)
go fish - summer (bottom right ) 
southern girls challenge - chip board 
the pink elephant - make your own embellishment 
sentimental sundays - fall (bottom right)
catered crop - distress
Sending hearts... 



15 comments:

  1. Wonderful layout!! Love how you combined the seasons on one page!! Thanks so much for playing with The Pink Elephant!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab layout. Love how you made your background with the ink and the stitching really pops. Thanks for joining us at Little Scrap Pieces.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this layout, especially the way you have incorporated the four seasons. The little embellishments you have added are a lovely finishing touch.

    Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great LO! Love the theme and different papers. Thanks for joining our CropStop Chosen 3 challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kimberly love the layout with the four seasons brilliant idea! All your embellishments are adorable especially the snowman sticking out from the picture. Great use of the stitching on the black to divide your sections. Thanks so much for joining the LSP Challenge this week. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous LO; that title rocks! Those are some fabulous Thickers...I have never seen them. Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cool idea. I love your take on the seasons. Great job and thanks for playing at the Go-Fish Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did an exceptional job make a cute layout with the "uglies." Thank you for joining us at Crop Stop Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is a gorgeous scrap layout!..thanks for joining us at Your Next Stamp

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a great project for the chosen 3 challenge! Thanks for playing the CropStop challenge this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you turned all of those papers into one great layout! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Your Next Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute project :) thanks for playing At MilkCoffee Challenges :)
    hugs Ria

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a creative way to combine those papers! Such a great LO. Thanks for joining us at YNS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. great layout! thanks for playing along at The Pink Elephant:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! If you leave your information I will become a follower of yours.
Sending hearts to you all!<3 Kimberly