Sunday, August 26, 2012

LMCB- A summers end

 Hey everyone...
I hope you are all having a great weekend and are getting in some crafty time!!  Lasting memories challenge blog has a new challenge up for you.   A Summers End - We’d love to see how you wind down before the kid’s head back to school and the cooler weather moves in, do you take a family vacation? Spend lots of time poolside?  Pop on over and check it out!  Here is my inspiration for the challenge.
I used my CTMH stamps to create the background paper with versa mar
When making the background i was thinking about a challenge at Scraptastic - Subway art... love how the words are all over and different ones for the beach, Sun, Water, Sand, Fun, Hot, Chillin, Friends, Party, Drinks and Beach was in there... I don't think i am forgetting any but it is mostly covered up now. 
Again some CTMH stamps for the sunshade, chairs and flip flops
in this picture you can see a close up of the glitter i used on background paper
I used my cricut to create the letters and the shapes behind the picture
I used Washi tape in the corners
I used basic grey paper for the frames and the polka dot paper
and one more of the LO :)
I also wanted to share what my work space looks like while I work!!  messy messy messy!!!

I was inspired to create the Layout with the below challenges in mind:

Clear it out challenge: Inspiration (see below for all the inspiration
totally paper crafts - zesty summer colours
dancing in pajamas - washi tape
seriously creative challenges - summer sunshine yellow
scraptastic club - subway art
child's play challenge - beach ball
 stampin royalty - fabric
fresh brewed blog - hot (this beach is HOT)
Counterfeit kit challenge - on line (enter a challenge)
your next stamp - colours
(orange, yellow, light and dark pink - i hope it is ok that i added the neutral colours)
Basic grey challenges - atg
wags n whiskers - fav colour
go fish challenge blog - beach photo
 
Basic Grey - sketch

Sending hearts...