Sunday, January 22, 2012

what's cookin - LMCB

Good morning everyone! 
Lasting Memories has another challenge up for you this time you need to really be creative and use a recipe - a real one!  We are being sponsored by one of our own - STACIA who will be sending out this amazing pack to who ever is the winner... so you must give this challenge a try!!!
Prize Photo
It has been quiet the challenge but I have decided to go with a recipe that no one else would ever have.... Papa's Specialty (formally know as Dad's Special - until 19 years ago when my daughter came into the world). 
When I was younger my brother and I were always busy in the evening between girl guides, bowling, baseball, hockey, boy scouts... I am sure you all understand.  We struggled to have a quick and easy meal that would fill us up and get us out the door.  My dad thought of a dish... now don't laugh.... 1 package of hamburger meat browned up, a can of cream corn and a can of brown beans.  Served with toast and maybe a salad but back then I didn't eat vegetables.  Believe it or not it actually tastes amazing... later my dad used mushrooms or hot sauce to change the flavor a bit but we have it now as a family quick meal.  One day my daughter will carry on the tradition to her children on those busy evenings.  Here is the LO I made with my dad's recipe in the LO
 that of course is a picture of my dad... I don't have any of the recipe sorry 
 close up shot of the cute little pieces I made with my cricut and new gypsy, the star came from Close to my heart cut outs 
and of course the recipe 
I would like to enter this layout into the following challenges:

DYSU - pattern paper
Crafts 4 eternity- embellishment recipe 
scrapFIT - Kraft card stock
Frosted Designs - Sketch 
 


Hope you like it and have an opportunity to submit your LO.  Have a great day and sending you all hearts <3