Sunday, April 22, 2012

Stencil those layouts - LMCB

Welcome to another fun challenge at Lasting Memories... This week we are challenging you to use a stencil.    If you join us in this challenge you will have an opportunity to win $10 gift certificate from Michaels or Joannas donated from one of our very own design team members Michelle.

Now there are many ways to make a stencil or you can use one that you have in your stash like I did... I have a set of these that I think I bought about eight years ago.  I don't use them much actually I don't think I have ever used them... I thought that the stencil moved around but I was happy to get them out and play around again and surprisingly they didn't move around when I was working on the stars.  
here is the final product.... 
I used the sketch from the Crop Stop - April Sketch challenge
I loooovvvee Page map sketches.... now it is always a starting point for me and if you follow me closely you will know my pages and cards never end up looking like the sketch!!!  
here is a close up of the flower... I used my cricut accent essentials which was my first cartridge!!  The American craft Dear Lizzy paper (super cute) I just received the other day from Scraptastic kit club!
Click to view full size image
removed all the dots and then put them in backwards 
added some embellishments
the title... I will be putting in my journal later
Oh... and of course... some bling!!!!  Tim Holtz vintage photo 
here is a picture of the stencil I used... It was really handy!  I think I might just be using them again ;)

I would love to see you all join Lasting Memories challenge this week!  
I have a couple of challenges that I would like to enter my page into:
Crop Stop - sketch
crafts 4 eternity - something new (paper)
cardz tv - colour challenge


thanks for stopping by and sending hearts out to you all...
Kimberly