Friday, March 2, 2012

Which came first blog hop!



Sorry everyone I am a bit late

Memories In Tyme Blog Hop

Welcome to the "Which Came First???" Blog Hop!!
Who knew that a single piece of paper or a tiny rubber stamp would start an addiction that could overtake our dining rooms, living rooms, and bedrooms???   What started it for you?  Did you start by stamping cards and then progress to scrapbooking?  Were you an avid picture-taker turned cardmaker?  Or did you pick something from the start and stick with it?  Join us on our adventure as we share how we each got started in the scrapbooking and stamping craft!!  You'll find some fun stories, neat projects, and awesome folks along the way, we hope you'll enjoy each and every moment!! Let's get hopping!!  If you've hopped over from Karen, then you are in the right place!!  If you've just popped in to visit my blog or are reading this via email and you'd like to join our FUN, then please CLICK HERE to start at the beginning with Lynda's blog... For the hop today, I've created .......

OH my goodness... seriously my very first LO was from a creative memories class where they gave you the page and you used stickers, markers and coloured paper!

I can't believe I am showing you this...


oh... so embarrassing.  I actually even made an spelling mistake on Florida - had to use the sun to cover it.. Oh well - you learn from your mistakes.  I still can't redo my very first page because it shows just how far I have come!!
here is one that I just finished up (well... if you ignore the journalling that needs to be done)




Thank you again for checking out my project...  Now follow the links below and remember to visit all the stops for MAXIMUM ideas and LOTS OF FUN!! Your next hop stop is..... Michele



10 comments:

  1. OH that is so funny! But, like you, I cannot redo the pages I hate because it would just not be the same in showing how far I have come!! I just make sure to show anyone my newest albums right after the older ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are coming a long way in your scrapbooking. TFS. I love the second layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unlike you I have redone some of my early pages. Can't believe we glued pictures right on the pages. Love your current layout. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny how most of us started with Creative Memories. Love the Jenna layout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the sun goes perfect with Florida so if it is covering a mistake your layout is all the better for it! :) I love the papers you used on Jenna's layout. I think we have all evolved well..My first layout only looks like it does because Regina was at my side coaching me and she is an accomplished scrapper..:) If would have been left to my own devices I am for sure a different look would have emerged! lol

    transport7800@aol.com
    http://mawmawsthoughts.blogspot.com
    follower

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you were able to post ,otherwise we could not have had that extra chuckle. This l/o shows how far you've come and that's really the best part of what we learned through this fun hop! Since I live in Florida, I think the sun at the end is a perfect place!!!
    Creative Wishes & TFS (glad Vicki told us you were up and running!)
    Claire S.
    www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another CM start!! I think a lot of us started there and I even still have some of the paper strips and triangles!! I have MANY CM pages and then I found CTMH and love it. Amazing how everything has evolved isn't it? The net certainly helped too!! Love your pages and TFS! Glad you made it into the hop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. CM certainly had a big influance on many of our scrapping livesYour current layout is gorgeous. I love you picture placement and the background is beautiful. Your first layout is sweet as well. Awesome grouth in yur talent!
    Big Blog Hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhhhh, the stickers that allowed us to "hide" our mistakes!! :) Isn't it funny that sooooooo many of us have such similar "start" stories?!?! I think seeing how we all started really is very encouraging to other "new" scrapbookers out there -- They can see how everyone has developed their creativity!! I'm so glad you shared your story with us, Kimberly!! :)

    Thanks for participating in the hop!!
    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! If you leave your information I will become a follower of yours.
Sending hearts to you all!<3 Kimberly