Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year!!!


Good afternoon,
Well it is almost that time for the count down to begin!!!  Good bye 2011 and Hello 2012 - I wish you all good health and happiness in the new year!
I have made the below card for a couple of challenges. 
 I was inspired to complete a New Year card because of the season and started with a sketch from  Mojo Monday - I don't know why but my cards and LO's never look like the sketch by the end.  I guess that is why they are just inspirations. 
 
 They did challenge me to make a square card which I have never done before so this is something completely new to me. Being a new technique I was able to enter the card into some additional challenges (see below) I also used something old - the striped paper.  Seriously I am not sure when I even picked up that pack... I have been scrappin for at min. 15 years... and it has been around for a while but I was glad to use up some of my stash. 
So if you are a follower of mine you have picked up that I am a new owner of some Peachy Keen Stamps!  Had to add the stamps to the bottle!!  He looks so joyful - I also used the color scheme for their challenge 
 I used three different cartridges for the card - frame and card with Close to my heart Art Philosophy, Simply Charmed for the bottle and Jubilee for the glasses (first time using Jubilee - it was free from Michael's with the purchase of two cartridges - not a bad buy) - Stamp set is from Close to my Heart 
 I used some beads that I had around from my daughters stash to make the bubbles in the glasses and some of the bubbles escaping from the glass - stickles on the bubbles coming out of the bottle - ribbon to go around the bottle with some bling from Close to my heart - Inked the edges with marker and used the inside of the frame for the inside of the card. Voila... card made 
 
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:
Catch the bug - inspired by a photo
Crazy about Cricut - anything goes 
Cards by Jovan - happy new year 
totally paper crafts - time to party
shabby tea room - red, blue, yellow green
jelly park - old and new
 Frosted Designs - something new
Fussy and Fancy - animal print (zebra embossing) 
Joyful stamper - anything goes 
Aud Sentiments - anything goes 
DYSU Challenge - rainbow of color
For Fun Challenges - something new
Cute Card Thursday - Happy New year
4 Crafty Chicks - Something new
little red wagon - something new 
Simon Says Stamp Challenge - anything goes 
inky impressions challenge - something new
Party time Tuesday - anything goes 
Top Tip Tuesday - anything goes 
The Kraft Journal - something new 
 fairy tale challenge blog - something easy
Passion for Promarkers - celebration 

Thanks so much for stopping by and I am sending hearts out to you all and wishing you a safe and fun night! 
Welcome 2012!!!
Kimberly